Now in setting goals, we know that goals have to be in harmony of each other, not contradictory. We cannot spend half of our time on a beach, while being wealthy and successful. We cannot climb a mountain every day, and yet living in a desert. So, we have to set goals that are in harmony of each other.
Also, we have to set goals that are congruent to our basic fundamental values.
And there are 7 important questions. I suggest you to take some time to write down the answers.
Think about what your answers might be.
They will give you acute insight.
1. What are the five things you value the most in life?
- The five things you considered the most important elements of your life. You will pay your life for, you will sacrifice your life for, you are stand up for, you will fight for. This is a question that many people seldom think about but will set the foundations for all the other goals of your life.
2. In 30 sec or less, write down the 3 most important goals of your life right now?
- This is the Joyces (?) brothers called the quickest method. What she found is, because if you only have 30 seconds, it will be the most accurate answer and they will be the most important
3. What would you do if you win a million money in a lottery tomorrow? What will be the first thing you will do ? In other words, if you have all the money and time of your life, what will you pay off, what will you do? what will you buy?
- This question is saying if you have no mental or physical limitations on your ability, what will you be your inspirations? What will your ambitions be? What will your dream be? The purpose of this question is to allow you to have no limitations at all. The answer of the question is reminding you anything you write you can do, you are able to think and write about it, you are capable of achieving it. Not as rapidly as you won the million dollars, but It’s about how badly do you want it, there is no limitations on what you can achieve, but only the intensity you want to achieve it, the willingness that you have, the effort you are willing to put into it that is necessary.
4. What will you do and how will you spend your life if you learnt today that you only have 6 months to live?
- Who will you see? what changes will you make to your life? What will you see? If you learnt from perfect health, in 180 days, you will be stone dead.
- The answer to this question will tell you what you treasure the most and what your true values are.
- When you are thinking about your life is going to an end, that you begin to seriously reflect what is most important to you. And the advice we give to people, is, what if, you got your 3 most important goals in life, and you won one million dollars, is not the same as this question. It is very different from you have six months to live. If you take a very deep close look to your goals, if you only have six months to live, these goals should be corporate into your day to day activities because it’s where the real value is of your life.
5. What is the one thing you always wanted to do but you have been afraid to attempt?
- Something you always wanted to do in your life but you have been afraid to try it. You are held back, you have thought about doing it. But every time you think about doing it, you become uneasy, unsure, and a little bit scared, and a little bit frightened, so you are held back from doing it. That is a critical question, because whatever it is, remember it’s your fears that hold you back, is simply a psychological fear, which is a result of a conditioned process, or you like, a conditioned response to a stimulus, that is a habit, that is a fear of failure, that have nothing to do with reality.
6.In looking back over all the things you have done in your life. What type of activities, doing what sort of things, in what sort of circumstances give you your greatest feelings of importance?
- What activities give you your greatest feelings of self-worth? You feel the greatest about yourself, gives you self-worth and self-esteem. When engaging in certain activities, you feel the very best about yourself. When you do it, you feel great about yourself, for this particular type of activities. The Economy (?) once said, that many years ago, if you tell me the one thing that gives a man or a woman the greatest feeling of importance, I can tell you their whole life philosophy. But what makes you your greatest feelings of importance is also a key indicator to tell you your area of expertise is. Because your area of excellence will always give you the greatest personal pleasure and feeling of self-esteem and self-satisfaction. And one of the high duty of life, is to be continuing the activities that give you the greatest joy and satisfaction.
6. Imagined that you received one wish, from a genie, a magic pill. And if you took this pill, you can accomplish one thing in the whole world. You can achieve any goals, any desire or any ambition of the whole world. Big or small, short term or long term. And the question is simply this: What is the one great thing will you dare to dream if you knew you could not fail?
- This is the most important question of all because what it says is, it is really your great dream, great ambition in life. And if you can write the answer for this question, it means that you can have it. The very fact that you can think really clearly of the answer down means you are capable of doing it. On the one hand, nature does not give us the ability to clearly visualize and write down the goal and at the same time do not give us the ability to realize it. This is one of the most exciting things about the human psyche.
- If you can crystallize your desires means you can achieve it. The only question is, how badly do you really want it? And, are you willing to pay the price to get it. Because the only limitation is in your own mind. It’s not contained out in the physical world.
After answering these questions, it’s essential that you pick one major definite purpose in life. We know that great success all comes from selecting one major definite purpose. If you make mistakes like many people do trying to accomplish many things simultaneously we found that you diffuse your bursts of effort and end up accomplishing almost nothing.
Every great life becomes great when the individual pick that one thing is more important than all the other things put altogether. And the accomplishment of which will lead to attainment to many of the minor goals in life.
It’s very important that if you not set the achieved goal in the past, and you have to develop the ability to set and achieve one important goal in your life. Once you have done that, it becomes relatively simple for you to set and achieve the second goal, the third goal, the fourth goal. But don’t try to bite off too much at once. Just set up one goal and go from there.